The 61 inch mowing deck on this Patriot SCAG lawn mower is a real beast, but it also offers the kind of control and maneuverability you’d expect from something considerably smaller.
The agility that this zero turn lawn mower is able to display helps to separate it from the rest of the pack, giving you the kind of effortless control that you are expecting while still making quick work of larger lawns and estates.
A Kawasaki FX 23 hp motor is the heartbeat of this zero turn lawn mower, giving you plenty of top end speed, plenty of torque, and plenty of power when you need it most – even when you engage the PTO.
Multiple cutting blades will make quick work of even long grass and yard debris. They’ve been specifically engineered to go for extended amounts of time between sharpening without degrading the quality of cut they produce, too.
At the end of the day, this is very much a commercial grade landscaping lawnmower designed to be used by professionals. It fits right at home on large lawns and estates, making quick work of lawn mowing projects that would have taken hours previously.
- Match a 52″ or 61″ cutter deck with a Kawasaki FX Series or Kohler Command Pro V-Twin engine with canister air filter
- 10 MPH (SPZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SPZ52) forward and 5 MPH in reverse ground speeds for more productivity.
- 52″ or 61″ fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles with all metal gears and spin-on oil filters.The ZT drive systems deliver smooth and solid power to the drive wheels. Large cooling fans keep temperatures low and extend component life.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. Built-in fuel gauge.
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Extra-large drive tires (22” on SPZ52; 24” on SPZ61) and front caster tires ( 13 x 6.5 – 6) ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hour meter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers reliable blade start and stops. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other clutches do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Custom, bolstered suspension seat adds another level of comfort to the 52″ & 61″ Scag Patriot. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Foot operated brake with park lock feature allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off the steering levers. A simple lock lever can be engaged with the foot pedal depressed to keep the brake on.
- Ausco disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Patriot a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- High-strength steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2″ to 5 ” in 1/4″ increments.
- Dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Cup holder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys – Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag “Simply the Best” warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 2-year Commercial or 3-years or 500 hours (whichever comes first) Non-Commercial warranty.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Patriot like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2-bag fabric grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|Drive System Type||
Hydro-Gear ZT3400 Transaxle
ZT3400 Internal Pump: 12 cc
|Forward Ground Speed||
24" x 12"-12"
13" x 6.5"-6"