Liberty Z 48″
The star of the show on this Liberty Z 48 inch unit has to be the heavy duty hydraulic system (a dual hydro gear set up that allows for full zero turn maneuverability) that has been made into the Kawasaki FR Series motors to offer plenty of power without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
A 4 foot mowing deck helps you to move through your lawn much faster than you would have been able to before, as well as the ability to cruise at upwards of 11 km/h when you’re atop this lawnmower. The control scheme is easy to manipulate, allowing you to mow in straight lines as well as to turn on a dime without any hesitation and without any inefficiency along the way.
Easy to work on (even without a lot of mechanical inclination), you’ll be pleased to know that you won’t have to do a lot of repair or upkeep to keep this SCAG mower up and running. It has all the legendary durability you’ve come to expect from this top-tier brand and a warranty (five years or 750 hours) you can count on.
Ideally suited for those with larger lawns that don’t want to sacrifice maneuverability, there’s a lot to fall in love with when it comes to the Liberty Z 48 inch model.
- Up to 7 MPH forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- 36″, 48″, 52″ or 61″ fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Kawasaki FR Series engine is ultra-powerful with excellent torque output feature a larger oil, air and fuel filter. 4 cycle gas, forced air-cooled, OHV, twin cylinder, vertical shaft engine with fully pressurized oil system.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual Hydro-gear ZT2800 transaxles (36″, 48″ & 52″ models) or ZT3100 (61″ models) for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Cooling fans on the transaxles add to long-life. All metal gears and charge pumps for reliability and increased performance.
- 5.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. (3.5 gallon fuel capacity on 36″ models)
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Large 20″ drive tires and 11″ caster tires deliver a nice ride and excellent traction.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hourmeter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers big starting and stopping torque to the cutter deck. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents the mower from being driven with the brake on, avoiding premature wear.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Liberty Z a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- High-strength steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2″ to 4-1/2 ” in 1/4″ increments.
- Cupholder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys – Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag “Simply the Best” warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 5-years or 750 hours (whichever comes first)
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Liberty Z like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2 bag grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|Drive System Type||
Hydro-Gear ZT2800 Transaxle
Internal Pump: 10 cc
|Forward Ground Speed||
20" x 10"-8"
11" x 6"-5"